Saturday, September 19, 2015

Duchess Fragrance Review


I just experienced a really transportative moment - earlier today I had asked my son to change the waxes as I'm onto my second day of a killer headache... I finally mustered up enough energy to climb the stairs and take a shower. I walked into the bathroom and was confronted by a veritable slide show of memories. Duchess, one of our new bars - one that I hadn't taken a lot of notice of - was responsible for this shaking up of a little heart shaped box held deep inside... The thing is, the intermingling of fragrances that met me at the door, are not anything I can pin on any one person or any one time in my past - it was like I went whirling through my past lovers in some bizarre Austenesque, Regency era cotillion. Once I regained my composure (yes, I almost needed the smelling salts), my understanding of the complexity of this fragrance is that it's like a fusion of many aftershaves (I know right? I thought it would be distinctly feminine too) and a little shy spritz of perfume... I can distinctly locate Dior's Fahrenheit (was always my undoing) and Armani original as well as a splash of both his and hers Aqua di Gio...
Don't you just LOVE how fragrance can do this? I do!

If you wanna see what I mean - you can order a bar here.

Please follow me on Facebook too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment